Thursday, December 8, 2011

Anniversary trip

I like to be at home!
I like my farm ... I like my bed ... I like the comfort of my daily routine ...

But I also like my wife - actually I love my wife.
So when a trip was suggested - to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary - I decided to like travelling too.

We compromised ... driving, not flying ... away for more than a week, but less than 2  ... looking at farms, but also the ocean ... no cooking allowed!

We began with a few days in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, driving around and enjoying the beautiful Amish farms and taking in a live show "Miracle of Christmas" at the famous Sight & Sound Theatre ( www.sight-sound.com ).

 covered bridge
 pumpkins (musquee de provence?) left unpicked in the field
Amish farmer mowing corn stubble


Then it was on to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where the weather was sunny & warm, the ocean beautiful, and the week very relaxing.

 The ocean in front of our hotel


 Sunrise from our balcony
This was in our hotel. Our morning routine included
a coffee and a long walk on the beach.




Here's a crop we don't grow on our farm ...

 Fields of cotton in South Carolina
Bales of cotton ready to be shipped
Combine on a busy highway
So glad we don't farm terrain like this in Virginia
A popular picture spot - Mabry Mill along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia.


We both agreed - it was a great trip!

... It's also great to be back home!





2 comments:

  1. those are some very nice pictures. Looks like the hotel was on a prime piece of real estate

    ReplyDelete